Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

Library, Book, Reading, Computers, Education, Knowledge
Jarmoluk, Michael "Library Book Reading Computers" 10/15/2014 via Pixabay 
Public Domain Distribution License

What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

I am choosing the Quick Reference Guide for my first project since I think it'll best represent my topic due to its long, ongoing history. I feel as though the Quick Reference is best used when the author is unbiased and is meant to inform the audience, and this type of presentation will suit a controversy with lots of events and little progress very well.

What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

I think I'm mostly going to focus on organizing all the information I have gathered and can gather next week into some sort of organized format in which I will write the Quick Reference Guide. I'm thinking right now I'm either going to organize it chronologically by the time the events took place, or into two big parts, using the perspectives of advocates and reformers as my basis for my parts. I think these are my two best convention strategies right now, but everything is up in the air if I think of another way to organize all of these events.

How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

Compared to doing a project like this in high school I feel incredibly prepared and dangerously comfortable. If this were a year ago, I still wouldn't haven't even touched the project yet. Comparing my old experiences to how much research and knowledge on the topic I have now, I feel a level of preparedness; a level that puts me at unease since starting this early on a project is a new experience to me. I feel as though next week I a going to have trouble motivating myself that the work I'm doing is adequate. I tend to be a perfectionist (a troubling characteristic that conflicts with my pride as a procrastinator), so I feel as the biggest hurdle I need to overcome is a sense of pride the work I'm going to do next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment