Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

Relief, Statue, Face, Sculpture, Stone
Birgit Forster, Relief Statue Face Sculpture, 7/30/2015, via Pixabay, Public Domain Distribution License

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 

To be honest, I'm so excited that's its done with that I literally have no feelings for the project I just turned in. I'm just so glad it's turned in. If I had to stake an opinion though, I'd say that the project is in the best shape and form its ever going to be in. I'm nervous and scared about whether I left "this" out or could've added a couple of "these things", but honestly I believe that my Quick Reference Guide is the best it'll ever be, and there's nothing gained over worrying over something that can't be changed.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

Considering that my controversy was a 50 year long affair, finding stakeholders, let alone applying them to the article was torture in its own right. I mustered what I could, but I still felt as though my Quick Reference Guide was lacking in that department. I couldn't find any way to add to this category without going too far off the topic of the Math Wars. I mentioned stakeholders and their relations to the controversy, but it felt as though that wasn't enough. I felt as though that was my weakest component.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

The sheer amount of information and statistics I gathered for this project is my pride and joy in respect to Project 1 of English 109H. I felt as though I almost overdid it on the amount of information I gathered for the Math Wars. If anything, the audience is going to walk away with some sort of nifty education statistic or trend they didn't know before.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails...

Waiting to the last day on Week 2 was the worst. 32 ounces of Red Bull carried me through a Sunday where I wrote 10,000 words in 10 hours; I think waiting to the last day for 9 blog posts was a little extreme to say the least, but I have a sense of pride for accomplishing such a feat, however silly it may be. Needless to say, my time management was lacking in every department, but I'm the type of person that finds trouble in being motivated with such a long time to do any sort of work. I suppose my procrastination worked out in the end considering I turned in all my assignments on time, but I still think that I lose potential when I wait until the last minute. The conflict between this potential and lack of motivation always ends up with me waiting to long to make a decision and rushing to finished the thing on the last day. I put all of my everything in that time however, and I do think the project turned out well because of the effort I had to force into myself from a time constraint standpoint.
Ramblings aside, I think I handled time poorly, but when I worked it was 110% for every moment I had my blog open

No comments:

Post a Comment