Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review #2

Pencil, Writing, School, Education, Write
Wokandapix, Pencil Writing School Education 8/11/2016 via Pixabay Public Domain Distribution License

I graded Ben's QRG and James' QRG. Read their drafts here; they seem like swell young men.

1: I learned that my project doesn't seems very gray compared to the 3 other QRG's that I read. I originally chose to review only the QRG not only because I have a good idea on what they're supposed to look like, but to also make improvements on my own piece. Probably the biggest thing that I learned from peer reviewing is that a QRG doesn't necessarily have a set outline. When I was making my first draft, I often checked back on the references given on the website on previously made and professional QRG's just to get a feel on what they look like. Honestly, I felt as though I suppressed a lot of information because I thought there was a set guideline, but now I know for sure that this isn't the case. All the projects I reviewed have their own feel to it, including my own

2: Three issues I have in my project
  1. Not enough information about the stakeholders. I felt as though I skimped out on the implications that the stakeholders had on the Math Wars as a whole. I want to include more about the people and groups that were involved with this issue for my final draft
  2. It looks kind of sloppy. My QRG looks more patched together than anything. I want to fix it so that the final draft actually looks official instead of composed of these "patches"
  3. More solid evidence. A lot of the writing in my draft is my opinion and interpretations of the Math Wars. I want to get more facts on the matter
3: Three strengths I see in my draft
  1. Hyperlinks. Good god I have so many hyperlinks. I have more than enough outside sources to satisfy the most fascinated of readers.
  2. Style of writing. I shouldn't say "style", but my standpoint from my guide. I like my place as a database as the author. I don't really draw conclusions from the data I present; I instead let the reader decide his/her own opinion on the matter. That's something I really like about my draft.
  3. Questions. I feel as though I have adequate as useful questions for my draft. I don't think I should touch that aspect of it; the writing of the guide is organized well.


No comments:

Post a Comment