Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Interviewees on Social Media

Mobile Phone, Smartphone, App, Networks, Internet


Gerd Altmann, Mobile Phone Smartphone, 8/25/2014 via Pixabay, Public Domain Distribution License

Names of each Interviewee
Kristen Cherney - actuary at Scottsdale Insurance Company
Theodore Laetsch - Math Professor at University of Arizona

Before I start, I would like to note that I found nothing for Laetsch on social media what so ever. After an hour of searching I decided that enough was enough. And of course, since neither interviewee had any articles on social media, he have zero social media presence. I have a pretty good understanding of why this is the case though.

The majority of his research is from the 70s and 80s, and he is an old-fashioned teacher. He prefers everything hand-written rather than electronic. He is an endangered species in respect to his perspective on being connected with technology, but he doesn't appear anywhere on the Internet because his prime was before the internet. He did his research and his teachings without the aid of technology, and he hasn't changed his ways since then. This is the reasoning why Laetsch is absent from everything related to social media.

Cherney, on the other hand, has personal accounts for Twitter and Facebook, These accounts aren't really for her work, but for her personal life. Actuaries posting about their current jobs is pretty scary for the companies that hired them. Therefore, I really didn't find anything on social media in respect to my interviewees.

No comments:

Post a Comment