Sunday, March 13, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

My essay is here

Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know

Probably the most notable thing I want you all to know about is that finding quotes from sources that weren't my interviewees was the most fruitless process I have ever encountered. I had trouble finding quotes that could easily fit into my style of writing. Also, by trouble, I mean I found none, but I shall continue my search on the electric ocean none the less.

Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)

As stated above, my quotes aren't exactly the most suited to my style of writing, so I am well aware of this problem. Furthermore, I felt as though my style of writing doesn't fit too well with this type of topic. This essay is purely meant to inform, but I feel as though my word choice and tone may be a bit too personal and too in touch my my opinions on these types of texts. Please, tell me what you think about this especially.

Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

It's a good length and its finished. I feel as though I can't really comment on "strengths" my paper has since people look at strengths subjectively.My definition of something good is probably different from all of yours. If you did find something you liked, please do point it out though.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackson!

    A suggestion I would like to make for your project:
    In terms of content, I would make it a point to include a little more information about why the rhetorical strategies used are important, and this includes referring to the list of strategies from the student guide and with the knowledge of those, to point out where exactly in these genre examples they are using rhetorical strategies to communicate effectively.

    Other than that suggestion, the form was exactly what it needed to be, I could not find anything wrong with the format of your essay. It also seemed to fulfill the project requirements in terms of amount of content and you seem to have all of the evidence you need already in place. I thought the way you organized your essay was interesting with a couple of paragraphs dedicated to the interviews alone but then I saw how well this made your paper flow and how it was used effectively as a transition into another topic.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete