Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production Project 2


What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

Pre-production isn't really my forte. I'm more of the guy who wings it 5 minutes before I go on stage and then somehow get away with it. Needless to say, it's been an uncomfortable experience creating the pre-production for not only this project the project before. However, I felt as though my pre-production last week was useful enough that I can apply the same confidence with the schedule and outline I created this week. Furthermore, I got a lot of good information out of my interviews; I've saved a lot of time looking for quotes on the Internet with these quotes.

What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

As stated above, I don't really do well with pre-production scheduling. I felt as though it was a challenge creating an outline out of an essay that I hadn't written yet. Usually, I organize an essay based off of my introduction and then creating a chain of writing that connects to one another as I write. This, of course, will not be the case if I use the outline that I created, so I felt as though it was difficult trying to connect the different types of genres to one another without writing the essay itself in the outline. This, of course, is subjective and my other classmates probably found this type of organization incredibly helpful; I'm just the odd one out because my writing process has quite a strong proclivity to procrastination.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

I think that next week will go smoothly, but I;m afraid that I'm not going to follow my outline what so ever when I start writing my piece. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just want to make use of the outline considering that I spent time working on it. Everything else though, I feel as though the production phase is going to be a smooth trip.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

Since I haven't written the essay itself yet, I can't really say that I have a good or bad feeling about the project yet. The blueprints I created (outline and schedule) look good, but I don't think that I can make a conclusion until I have a physical copy of the writing in front of me. If I had to choose any sort of feeling, I'd probably say that I'm confident that my piece is going to be more than adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment