Sunday, April 24, 2016

Editorial Report 13b

Old Version:

Newer Version:



How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I pretty much kept the old version the same, but added in extra music and webcam commentary to give extra insight about the topic at hand. I felt as the content in the old version was very stagnant and need more information to help elaborate on what my topic was about. So, I added in some commentary that didn't really match any images or videos online, but was better suited to myself talking to the viewer directly. Music was also a nice touch


How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Originally, the video was just a couple of pictures and videos of the history of swimming with my commentary over it. But, I revised it so that there was my physical presence in the video, along with some ambiance (in this case, an very lull instrumental in the background). In terms of form, I broadened the type of content that the video essay could provide. In the old version, I only had pictures, my voice, and a video sequence. But in the new version, I had pictures, my voice, my actual presence, giving the voice some more life, some music, and a video sequence. The diversity really changed the form of this content, and changed it for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment