Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 11a

I haven't found the video material necessary for my project quite yet, so I've been working on the intricacies of the script that goes along with the script. This passage in this specific post goes along with the first "body" paragraph of my video essay

The first records of competitive swimwear started with the growing concern of nudity in the 1920s. Men's swimming has always been part of the Olympics, but in the 1920s, women's swimming was also introduced. This started a growing concern about nudity in the sport, so swimwear companies started to produce standardized suits that were both fast and covered up all necessary parts of the body. For the next several decades, all women wore one-piece swimsuits made mostly of silk, while men could wear either similar one-piece swimsuits or briefs made of the same material. It wasn't until around 1972 when standardized suits started to affect swimmers' performances. Speedo started to incorporate elastic into their now nylon suits, and as a result, 22 new world record were made at the following Olympics, 21 from swimmers wearing this specific suit. This giant influx of new world records took the swimming world by storm. Many swim companies rushed to find an answer to this powerhouse of technology. Up until around 2008, swimming was dominated by athletes choosing between different suits, all of which produced a myriad of record-breaking results.

1:Since my genre for this project in the video essay, I feel as though the content I've produced is out of form, considering that there is no "video" to speak of to go along with the "narration" that I've produced. However, I made this script so that appropriate videos and pictures can be easily assigned. Most of the writing I've provided is fact or historical events, so pictures and videos that go along with these events are all over the internet. So, in theory, my theoretical videos and pictures that will go along with this script should be appropriate for the form of a video essay. Furthermore, I feel as though the script I've written is based on evidence rather than opinion. This is the type of content that I've been striving to create, so I feel as though the form for my rough cut will be good.

2: As stated above, I haven't found a way to organize the visual aspect of my project, so the script is technically all I have. I have a good amount of visual elements that can be used in my project, but I'm having trouble finding a flow that felt appropriate in that category. Other than that, I feel as though my production phase is going to go well. The script I made feels especially good; as stated above, it's based more on evidence rather than opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment