Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection on Week 13


What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I finished the video essay; that's my success. It's not the prettiest project, and it certainly isn't the best project, but I feel as though it's above adequate. In the case surrounding my project, the fact that I was able to finish the thing was a great success story. You'll find out why in the challenges section below.

What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

This question is more like, "Hey Jackson, what went wrong this week?", for this week. My answer is "EVERYTHING!" My rough cut ended up having a giant watermark over the entire thing since the trial version for the movie program I was using ended. So I had to start from scratch. Making the project itself wasn't too bad since I had a good idea what the rough cut used to be, but uploading the thing was impossible because University of Arizona WiFi has less connection than a hermit living in a mountain range. I couldn't upload my video to the dropbox on time, even though I gave the video 40 minutes to upload on time (it's only a 7 minute video too), but it ended up taking 55. Then, after that, I tried uploading the video onto YouTube 3 times, only having the project finally upload on the third try (still unknown reason on why that happened). Lastly, the version I uploaded ended up having the videos I used becoming still frames, so I had to re upload a fourth times in a lower quality; the video finally came out fine, but it was way too late to turn it in on time.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

This is the last week with this video essay, and comparing how the end of this week went, I feel as though next week is going to be a godsend.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I feel as though my grade is going to take a slight hit just because of errors that I couldn't help. I guess that's just life, but boy is it frustrating. To sum up my thoughts, I'm pretty mad about the circumstances surrounding my project, but there's no use crying over spilled milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment